The Schools Enterprise Comptition is part of Wicklow County Enterprise Board's overall School Enterprise Programme.
- The Schools Enterprise Competition is open to mini companies from Transition Year students and upwards.
- Participants must have operated a real business to enter the programme.
- Entries will be judged on the basis of the written business report, the business display, the interview and an oral presentation.
- Business Reports should not exceed 20 single sided or 10 double sided pages including appendices and financial details.
- Participants must submit 3 copies of their business report by Wednesday 22nd February 2012.
- Each particpating class can nominate one project to compete in the County Final. These projects will be selected by the schools themselves. However it may be necessary for the Wicklow County Enterprise Board to shortlist further. If any class has a second outstanding mini-company, special requests for a second entry will be accommodated wherever possible.
- The County Final and Awards will take place at Wicklow County Campus, Clermont House, Rathnew, Co. Wicklow on Friday 9th March 2012.
- 5 students (max.) from each mini company can present the project at the County Final.
- Those projects that enter the County Final must set up a business display at the venue by the designated time and make a 3-minute oral presentation on the day.
- The decision of judging panels will be final.
- The prizes in the County Final will be awarded in 9 categories.
The winning group will go forward to represent Wicklow in the Student Enterprise National Finals on Wednesday 18th April 2012.